So many factors have to be considered when printing a booklet and you cannot know most unless you are an expert in the area. You cannot use paper material meant for another purpose for a booklet. This way you should check out booklet printing in Spartanburg, SC.
In this article, we would be looking into the major factors to consider when printing your booklet.
Books, unlike business cards, and pamphlets, are much more complicated to print and also dependent on the type of book you are hoping to print, there are some major factors you will need to consider.
- The cover paper material. You will need to choose wisely the paper you intend to use for your book. There are different kinds of paper to use, we have the simili, a rough kind of paper, preferable for comic and story books; art paper or card, for informative kinds of books such as magazines, catalogues. You will also need to consider your paper thickness, for a book cover, the thicker the paper used the more durable the book would be.
- The inner paper or page material. You also need to watch out for the thickness here.
- This is also an important aspect of paper printing. You can decide to go with gloss lamination which is a smooth coating and gives your book a premium look, or gloss lamination which gives your book a shiny look and makes it pop and be seen. Lamination, asides from making your book look more beautiful also aids its durability. Depending on the message you might be trying to pass through to people through your nook, you must choose wisely the type of lamination to go for.
- This can be said to be the skeleton of your book. It holds your book together and you can choose to use any type of binding based on your preference. There are 3 types of binding: saddle stitching, perfect adhesive and hardcover.
- Your book size. Do you want your book to be of a pocket size, easily carried? Then this is where you do that. Your book size also depends on what you are hoping it will be used for.
Asides from the listed above, you also need to make your book format for printing and check out the safe areas.